When using our online accreditation, you will receive your digital press admission ticket as PDF. At the same time, the press ticket will be valid as a parking ticket for the official car parks of Messe Essen. You may print the press ticket or use it directly on your smartphone.
Accreditation on site
You may as well accredit on site in our Press Centre.
When driving into the car park, you must firstly pull a parking ticket out of the machine. This will be validated during the accreditation. On that day, please use the issued parking ticket when driving out of the car park.
On the next day, you can then use your press ticket in order to drive into the car parking areas free of charge.
General accreditation guidelines for journalists at exhibitions in Germany
As trade fair organisers S.I.H.A. Ausstelungen Promotion GmbH in cooperation with Messe Essen GmbH aims to facilitate access to information on our events and our company by providing accreditation to journalists. Accreditation is granted solely for the purpose of enabling journalistic coverage. The following persons may receive press accreditation:
Persons from Germany or abroad who can provide the following proof of journalistic (including photojournalistic) employment (related to the topic of the exhibition in question):
- By presenting by-line articles published no earlier than six months before the time of the event
- By presenting a legal notice in which they are named as editors, permanent editorial staff or authors, and which is no older than three months at the time of the event
- By presenting a written commission from a complete editorial office, in the original, relating to the current exhibition
- By means of a weblink to an online publication that is well established in the industry community in question and that can prove an adequate reach. In these cases, advance accreditation is necessary due to the extra verification effort. Online media of this type must have been in existence for at least three months, must produce regular entries and the most recent article relating to the topic of the exhibition must be no older than three months. (In individual cases, separate, more detailed accreditation rules may be specified for bloggers, with a separate status for bloggers.)
- By presenting a document no older than six months stating that they work for a school magazine, or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organisation, or by presenting written confirmation from a school stating that they work for the school magazine in an editorial capacity
Holders of a valid press card from a German or foreign journalists’ association
We point out that presenting a press card is generally not, in itself, sufficient grounds for accreditation. The exhibition organiser reserves the right to request further proof of journalistic employment as specified in items a to e.
Furthermore S.I.H.A. Ausstellungen Promotion GmbH and Messe Essen GmbH reserve the right to conduct further investigations to establish proof of journalistic activities, even if a press pass has been submitted. Legitimation should be submitted in German or English. In individual cases the trade fair organisers reserve the right to additionally request submission of a valid ID containing photographic identification. There is no entitlement to accreditation. If necessary S.I.H.A. Ausstellungen Promotion GmbH and Messe Essen GmbH reserve the right to restrict accreditation or to revoke it entirely and ban persons from the premises.
The following groups of persons shall not be accredited:
- Persons without journalistic credentials, such as account managers, sales managers, advertising managers or webmasters, PR consultants and private companions
- Germans resident in Germany who present a foreign press card
- Persons who present a written commission from a freelance journalist
- Persons who are exclusively active in social networks in a private capacity
Free parking for journalists
In the course of numerous modernisation measures, Messe Essen installed new parking systems at the parking spaces around the exhibition grounds. Every car park and parking space is equipped with automated barrier and scanner systems. For accridited journalists, parking is still free.
Please follow the parking management system in situ. In addition, you will recognise any already completely occupied car parks by the red traffic light.
Please note: There are no special parking for journalists. You have the free choice of parking.
PLEASE NOTE! The press ticket has to be shown when entering or exiting the parking spaces.